AS I sit here eating a piece of pink dragon chocolate cake, it seems timely to share what little gems The Bloke in The Shed received for his birthday. And what little gems they were. So, of course, first there was the pink dragon cake.
Now what man doesn’t want one of those for his birthday? It was either this or a butterfly cake. Both suggested by this person…
I know, you’re all just dying to learn how to make it. Right? Well, here’s the step by step instructions.
1. We used an old birthday card addressed to me.
2. We glued paper on the inside to hide the original message (which was lovely. So thanks to the person who gave it to me).
3. Then we drew a picture of Ella in a leotard. Then stuck it inside the card.
4. Next was to make the tutu out of coloured paper, by folding the paper like a fan. First fold 1cm, then turn and fold back onto itself. Rinse and repeat. Glue one end together, leaving the other end to glue into the card.
5. Stick in the tutu and whar-la (hmm, not sure that’s how you spell that) – a beautiful pop-up ballerina birthday card. Complete with some letter stickers!