B is for a Baby on the Beach. Oh where, oh where, could the Bs be?

baby on beach Alphabet Photography Challenge

By Fiona Lumsdaine

I’m a mum, and an artist. I’ve been shooting weddings and portraits (and corporate and editorial photographs) professionally since July 2009. But my love of photography began when I was a nine-year-old girl helping my Dad out in our darkroom. I’ve rarely been without a camera around my neck since.
Learn more about Fiona’s photography at Lumsdaine Photography or connect with her on Facebook.
If you would like to contribute a photo to the Alphabet Photography Challenge, a series of posts aimed at being a “look and find” activity for children learning the alphabet, please email.

36 Responses to Alphabet Photography Challenge – B

Cute, Cute, CUTENESS ! Happy WW !
    Grace recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Father’s Day At The BeachMy Profile

2. natasha says:

SOOOOO adorable. Natasha x
    natasha recently posted..Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

3. That is such a cute bubba, love the cheeky smile
    Kate @ Puddles and Gumboots recently posted..More Free Printable Subway Art – One for the KitchenMy Profile

4. Seana Smith says:

I can see them! I can see them! Just challenging my five year olds for a minute there. Lovely pic on the beach… oh, I wish I was at a beach right now, it’s a lovely day here in Sydney. xx
    Seana Smith recently posted..Kakadu with Kids – Photos for Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

• Fiona says:

hehe… The letters don’t look THAT hidden on my monitor 😉 !

It was actually taken in winter.. a glorious July day on the beach. Still.. it makes me feel like playing hooky from work and going down there now.

Meet you there? 🙂
      Fiona recently posted..Heartfelt …My Profile

5. Sif says:

Oh, I love the contrast of her clothing with the pastel colours of the sand and the water in the background!
    Sif recently posted..Write on Wednesdays, exercise 13: A great one liner…My Profile

6. Trish says:

Love this artist , Fe is a fab photographer . Darling sweet baby .
    Trish recently posted..Wordless Wednesday ~ Rolling alongMy Profile

7. Julie says:

That is a gorgeous photo. Happy WW
    Julie recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: We’re Going on a Bear Hunt…My Profile

8. Such a beautiful shot. Happy WW. xx
    Me ‘N my Monkeys recently posted..Pizza and Fizzy for breakfast….My Profile

9. Jodi Gibson says:

What a gorgeous photo. Love it. Happy WW 🙂
    Jodi Gibson recently posted..Snapped back to realityMy Profile

10. Skyelee says:

“B” is for Blonde beauty with a Bountiful smile! What a sweetie! Happy W.W.!
    Skyelee recently posted..Some Day my Prince will Come……My Profile

11. Great photo Fiona. where did you take it? Seems weird to have gone to the beach in July! Happy WW.
    Courtney @ Nobashake recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Where’s my baby gone?My Profile

Very cute photo and great pick for ‘B’. Who doesn’t love beach photos?
    Tat recently posted..Spot the birdMy Profile

• Fiona says:

I know! I certainly do. I’m so happy it’s getting warmer so that more people want their photographs taken at the beach 🙂

I actually struggled with the B (ironic as I ended up going with such an obvious one!). I shoot weddings, so there were lots of “B”ride options, and “B”rick (walls), “B”ackyard, “B”oardwalk, “B”rothers, “B”athroom, “B”oxes etc etc … hehe… you’re probably really glad I chose “B”each now 😉
      Fiona recently posted..Heartfelt …My Profile

13. gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous ! Ohh how I am looking forward to beach weather and lots of it 🙂 xx
    the parenting files – tahlia recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – RU OK?My Profile

14. Fiona says:

Thanks Tahlia! Me too (except for that other B … “B”ikini 🙂 )
    Fiona recently posted..Heartfelt …My Profile

15. This is so beautiful, I love the jetty in the background. Will pass on your challenge to my sister-in-law I think she’ll enjoy this.

Glenys

16. Ash says:

B is for beautiful, the baby and the beach! Can’t think of too many beaches with B…Bondi, Balmoral…..Brighton….
    Ha ha to the bikini comment above 🙂 Me too!
    Ash recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – While Mum’s Away, Wombat Will’s at PlayMy Profile

17. Nayana says:

lovely…so cute and happy. great pic.

18. Missy Boo says:

Fe your work is always stunning. Beautiful Beach Baby 🙂
    Missy Boo recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Proud Mummy MomentMy Profile

19. This is an adorable shot. I love how she’s smiling so widely and how she pops against the background. And it’s a reminder that I absolutely have to introduce my toddler and bub to the beach this coming summer!
    Veronica @ Mixed Gems recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Let the Rolling BeginMy Profile

20. Fiona says:

Thanks Veronica! When my boys were toddlers, my oldest had a sand-phobia. It was TERRIBLE! He would sit in the middle of a towel, screaming if sand invaded his personal space!!

I persevered (I had to for my sanity… taking them to a local harbourside baths was just bliss for the other one) and eventually he started to enjoy it.

We probably spent 2 or 3 days a week at the baths in the summer when they were little!
    Fiona recently posted..Heartfelt …My Profile

21. nellbe says:

am loving the alphabet series, another gorgeous photo!
    nellbe recently posted..Toddlers and TantrumsMy Profile

That is one gorgeous photo, and so sweet how beautiful that little girls smile is. Love it 🙂

Lisa Wood recently posted..Living With Less StuffMy Profile