Princess Ella mainly drinks out of a glass at home, but drink bottles are the staple when we leave the forte. Something to do with not being able to put a lid on a glass and wanting to keep my bag dry. In fact, getting a bottle that doesn’t leak through my bag has been the highest priority.
Then there’s the other little issue, usually caused by newfound drink bottle fan, Baby Holly. She tends to leave a lot of these on the carpet throughout the house, which is always pleasant when you’re wearing socks:
Holly has been keen to skip the slow release baby-designed cups, due to being too difficult to get liquid from or just plain heavy. She instead picks up her big sister’s cups and merrily gurgles and splurts, due to the flow being way too fast for her. The result is her constantly sporting the drowned rat look.
So wanting to trial the new Tommee Tippee discovera Cups was more for Holly’s sake than Ella’s. The six cups in the collection start for bubs as young as four months through to two year olds-plus. Each has non-spill technology – even when held upside down. So what’s the first thing I did? I held them upside down. And? Nothing. Not a drip. Unless, of course, you count the one holding the bottle upside down.
The drip saver is due to a Samtech valve, which means children only have to put their mouth to the cup to release the liquid inside. As soon as the lip pressure is released, the cup is sealed again to avoid spills. Yep, this is real fancy pants drink bottle technology.
Holly has been using the Tommee Tippee discovera™ Active Drinking Active Straw Cup 12m+ (300ml) and all I know is the transition to a straw was instant. No teaching required. She’s also been wearing a dry t-shirt ALL week.
Nearly four, Ella is using the Tommee Tippee discovera™ Active Drinker for 24m+ (300ml) without a qualm, despite this one aimed at the two-year-old market. It’s also pink. Enough said. Apparently it was also crutial we take it along to show Dora the Explorer.
While the 300ml capacity is certainly a bonus for us in not having to constantly refill them, the only challenge we’ve faced has been trying to fit them into the pockets of my nappy bag. They do fit, but would be a tight squeeze for those with bags featuring smaller pockets. Despite the size, the cups aren’t heavy for either of the girls to manage. Purely based on the drip technology, I’ll be continuing through the collection as Holly grows.
The six cups in the discovera™ range are:
- Tommee Tippee discovera™ First Sips Cups 150ml 4m+
- Tommee Tippee discovera™ Natural Flow Cup 260ml 6m+
- Tommee Tippee discovera™ Natural Flow Beaker 330ml 9m+
- Tommee Tippee discovera™ Active Straw Cup 300ml 12m+
- Tommee Tippee discovera™ Active Sporty Cup 360ml 18m+
- Tommee Tippee discovera™ Active Drinker Cup 300ml 24m+
Each are BPA-free and retail for $14.95. For stockists, phone 1800 890 011. You can also learn more via the website at www.tommeetippee.com.au.
Would you like to win the entire collection? Well, Tommee Tippee is giving away one of each of the cups. For a chance to win, simply leave a comment telling us your favourite drink. The giveaway closes Thursday, October 20 at 7pm and a winner will be drawn randomly and announced on this blog and via Facebook and Twitter. Australian residents only. Limit of four entries.
Want extra entries? Then here’s how you can up your chances in the draw. Each task is worth one extra entry, but must be included as a separate comment (or it won’t count).
- Click the Facebook button below and share this giveaway with your Facebook friends. Then leave a separate comment saying something along the lines of “I’ve shared this on Facebook’’.
- Click the Twitter button below and share this giveaway with your Twitter followers (Twitter handle is @ThreeLil). Then leave a separate comment saying something along the lines of “I’ve shared this on Twitter’’.
- Follow me on my new Google Friend Connect button over there in the sidebar and leave a comment telling me you’re now a follower.
**DISCLOSURE: I received two complimentary Tommee Tippee discovera Cups for review. All opinions expressed are purely my own.
Check out more giveaways in the Aussie Giveaway Linkup.
Hosted by Three Lil Princesses