In the lead up to the big Young Talent Time launch tonight, I asked on Twitter and Facebook for people to name their favourite YTT member during the Johnny Young days. The answers varied considerably, depending on a person’s age. Or they didn’t answer – because it would reveal their age.
For me it was a toss up between Dannii and Vince. Or maybe the late Juanita, who passed away in a terrible car accident. In its last few years, I got pretty hooked on Rikki too.
Some of the answers that came through included:
- I liked Dannii and Greg. Hated Courtney, I thought she was so stuck up. LOL
- I was 3 when it finished :/
- I have no idea who Vince was. In my day it was Phillip, Jamie and some other guy… #showingmyage
- Tina Arena!
- Bevan. But now when I think of that mullet, I get shivers #notgoodones
- Oh yes Vince!! Be still my beating teenage heart! I loved Tina too and Danni – I was a YTT addict. I just hope they do a good job with it this time around. I’m so hoping they keep their moral standard and have something fun enjoyable (that parents don’t have to monitor) for little ones. I know my girls are going to love it. They are singing and dancing mad. Looking forward to finding out 🙂
During my years as an entertainment journalist, I got handed a Young Talent Time DVD. It’s one of my treasured possessions in the DVD cupboard for all the wonderful memories it brings back. Our family never missed an episode. They were also subjected to follow up concerts, with me always singing lead into a hairbrush.
Then of course there’s seeing a very curly haired Nicole Kidman in her BMX Bandit days spruiking the film. Not your finest fashion moment, Nic.
Oh, and I probably should mention we had a dog. Named after Bevan. Tragics? Yes!
So, I want to know, who’s your favourite Young Talent Time member?
Thanks to all those who left comments on Facebook and Twitter.