E is for eyes. I spy with my little “eye”, something beginning with E? Do you?

alphabet photography challenge E

By Kellie O’Brien

I’m a budding photographer, who is aiming to switch off automatic and use the manual settings on my Canon PowerShot S95 a little more. I love taking photos of her girls, who (so far) are obliging. For more of my photography, visit the Three Li’l Princesses’ photography page, become a fan of my Facebook page, follow me on Twitter or checkout StumbleUpon.

If you would like to contribute a photo to the Alphabet Photography Challenge, a series of posts aimed at being a “look and find” activity for children learning the alphabet, please email.

40 Responses to Alphabet Photography Challenge – E

1. heehee she is such a cutie~ I think Miss M and Princess Ella would get on like a house on fire xx
    mums the word recently posted..Wordless Wednesday~ Fathers Day EditionMy Profile

2. She is so cute! I love experimenting with manual settings too, it can be mostly frustrating at first but then so rewarding when you finally nail a good shot.
    Christie @ Poppy Seed Baby recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Laundry TubMy Profile

• Kel says:

So true, Christie. It’s taken me a lot of playing around. I still opt for the auto button a lot when I’m taking pix of the girls – they just move too quick!! 🙂

3. Once I saw all those stickers on your daughter’s face, I just had to click through for a closer look.

Soooo cute!!!
    Marti @ Brass In My Pocket recently posted..Wordless Wednesday….Serenity NOW!My Profile

4. Rosie says:

What a little bubble! She’s so sweet. A good alphabet image!
    Rosie recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: a walk in the parkMy Profile

5. Sif says:

Very cute! I’d get this one printed on canvas for her bedroom!
    Sif recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Some Days…My Profile

6. Hehe she is just such a cutie! And the E is just peeking out under her hair 🙂
    Kate @ Puddles and Gumboots recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Memories of the TwinsMy Profile

• Kel says:

LOL! Oh my goodness, Kate. You’re quite right. I was focused on the small “e” near her nose! My eyes didn’t even see the one on her forehead!! Thanks! 🙂

7. Oh I love this picture! Aren’t they busy little things? xx
    Kymmie @ a day in the life of us recently posted..do you think our society values mothers?My Profile

8. hehehe Love this shot, such a cutie! 🙂
    Me ‘N my Monkeys recently posted..Boxing Kangaroo!My Profile

9. Caz says:

Oh I so want to do this with you. I’m seriously considering buying a new camera – my Fuji is great – but won’t let me play around much with manual settings. I have a little put aside and I’m debating Ipad or digital SLR?????
    Caz recently posted..REVIEW & GIVEAWAY: School holiday ideas & a pizza making pack worth $400 (closes 9.9.11)My Profile

• Kel says:

Ooh, that’s a hard decision, Caz. I have my eye on an iPad at the moment!
      I must let you in on a secret – this one was taken using the auto setting! But shhhh! The camera is so smart is blurred the background for me!
      Just let me know if you want to take part. The next available spot is October 26 and there’s quite a few letters left. 🙂

10. Seana Smith says:

Cute! I’m such a photo beginner, only use manual when using the 1.8mm lens I have, love that sharp/blurry look… but it’s auto mostly, just often try to hold the flash down and just use natural light. Ah! So much to learn in life!
    Seana Smith recently posted..Sydney’s Most Child-Friendly Cafes- Dragonfly Cafe, North RydeMy Profile

• Kel says:

Yes, auto is such a full proof way to go though, Seana. Especially when you’re taking photos of kids and you don’t want to miss a good photo opp! I need to turn the auto off more often, I think! 🙂

11. jody says:

Love it! such a cute photo! x
    jody recently posted..Story Time.My Profile

12. Skyelee says:

“E” is for energetic, exuberant and Extremely cute! Happy W.W. !
    Skyelee recently posted..(Almost) Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

13. Virag says:

Love your idea for Alphabet Photography Challenge! SO lovely!
    Virag recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – H is for HolidayMy Profile

14. E is for excellent
    E is for envious
    E is for Ella
    E is for EVERYONE is jealous now, Kellie…ie ME…such a good one…and camera on manual…
    Love your work
    Love you
    You know
    That
    Denyse XX
    Denyse Whelan recently posted..Happy Blog Day. 31 Aug 2011My Profile

15. Yeran says:

she is too bloody cute!!! Love those eyes and cheeks <3
    Yeran recently posted..Wordless Wednesday…. Jack’s Open Heart Surgery (2nd Year Anniversary)..My Profile

Very cute little eyes, I wonder what you can see beginning with E? (OMG, I think my inner poet is coming out, I am starting to comment in rhymes)
    Tat recently posted..Practicing yogaMy Profile

17. Really cute photo. I, too, am learning to use my DSLR more. I’m getting the hang of it, or think I am, but it still doesn’t do what I want a lot of the time – or I don’t do what it needs most of the time. So I resort to the trusty iPhone and Instagram. But I do enjoy the process of creating regardless.
    Veronica @ Mixed Gems recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Addicted to Photo ChallengesMy Profile

• Kel says:

Hehe!! Yes, hearing you there, Veronica. There’s some great photo blogs with lots of good tips that I’ve started to follow. I’m learning so much. Not sure how much my little sleep-deprived brain is taking in though! I did learn it all a million years ago when I started journalism, but lost a lot of it when we got given point and shoots!

18. Julie says:

What a great photo! Happy WW (on Thursday)
    Julie recently posted..Knowing God: My storyMy Profile

What a great idea – linking photos with the alphabet. She is so cute!!! Love the idea…will have to see what I can think of for our boys as we are homeschooling them 🙂

Lisa Wood recently posted..Child Safety TipsMy Profile

• Kel says:

Thanks, Lisa! If you want to take part, please don’t hesitate to let me know. We’re booked up until the middle of October, so you’d have plenty of time to work on something. And there’s quite a few letters left! 🙂

20. Alana Fischer says:

I still opt for the auto button a lot when I’m taking pix of the girls – they just move too quick!! I must let you in on a secret – this one was taken using the auto setting!
    Alana Fischer recently posted..Gout Images ReferenceMy Profile