THIS week I’m grateful for:
- Pigs Breath: After The Bloke in The Shed completed the Skilled Burnie Ten in 1 hour and 18 minutes last Sunday, we celebrated with a dinner at the local. We were wondering why Princess Ella was downing his calamari rings so fast, till we realised she thought they were curly fries from“pigs breath’’. I’m just grateful she got a good serving of seafood.
- First day of pre-kindy: I could write a whole post on why Ella’s first 1.5-hour pre-kindy session today was so enjoyable for her. Ella was more than excited to go to “big girl school’’ and it was made all that much better when three of her childcare friends were in her class. That is music to a nervous mum’s ears. It seems school holds just a little bit of magic for her too when, prior to arriving, she started talking about her teacher who she met during the interview process. “Miss X can fly sometimes, can’t she, Mum?’’. Ah no, I think you might have her mistaken for the lady with the umbrella and flower in her hat.
- Halloween help: Thanks to my Twitter friends (most of which I’ve never met but are always there when I need them), I have plenty of ideas for Ella’s Halloween costume for childcare on Monday.
- @Neesayer: headband with paper ears & a stuffed stocking for a tail + a little creative makeup & voila! A black cat.
- @Lemonrhodes: @mypoppetshop had a great tute on her blog http://mypoppet.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-to-easy-bat-wings-for-halloween-or.html
- @kapernickn green pants with some kind orange shirt jack o lantern eyes and mouth drawn on face with eyeliner? Desperate times…
I’m joining with Maxabella Loves to share what I’m grateful for.